- american express
Contact Us Now!
North Texas Father's Rights Lawyer Providing Real Results For Child Custody Cases
In the 21st Century, what kind of visitation rights and custody rights can a father hope to achieve? Is it true that the mother always wins rights over a child or can a father hope to be successful in a US court of law in today’s world?
The most important information that you seek about father visitation rights or fathers who are looking to gain custody of their children in the US is listed below. Naturally, every case is different and you will need to discuss your particular situation with a lawyer in person in order to be fully aware of what your options are as a father who is looking to gain custody of his child(ren) or secure his visitation rights.
However, in principal the most important facts to dispel all those myths are as follows:
- A father has the right to visit his child or file for custody of that child.
- Fathers win custody of their children every day; it is more common than most people think.
- A father is important to the development of his child and US Law recognizes this fact, perhaps more so in the 21st Century than ever before.
- A father is not just there to give child support and indeed a father could be the custodial parent requesting that the mother be the one to make child support payments each month.
- A father has the right to develop an on-going relationship with his child and US Law is there to ensure that the father and his wishes are protected and heard.
- The number of fathers who are asking for custody and who are given custody of their children is growing every day.
- The different states in the US have different rules and apply the law differently regarding fathers’ rights and fathers who are filing for custody, so be sure to do your research regarding the specific laws applicable in your situation thoroughly.
- No father should have to accept that his ex-spouse is moving to a different country and therefore he will not have access to his child(ren) on a regular basis. There are clauses that can be put in place which prevent the former spouse from making such large decisions that affect the amount of time a father has with his child. These clauses can be put in place during a divorce if the parents were married so that the father’s rights are looked after for life.
- Children of a certain age also have a say in whether they want to live with their father or not, meaning that if the relationship between you and your child is incredibly strong and the child really does want to remain with his/her father, US Law takes these important wishes into consideration.
- Our law firm is incredibly experienced in the area of fathers’ rights, child custody and divorce law. Therefore, if you are a father needing help and expertise to secure your visitation rights, or to even fight for the custody of your child(ren), our US lawyers are more than capable of setting you on the road to victory.
Naturally, every US state deals with fathers’ rights in a slightly different way and it is always imperative that you take into consideration the way in which your US state manages everything to do with divorce law through to child custody issues before you choose the law firm to represent you.
However, if you do have some burning questions that you would really like to be answered as soon as possible, get in touch with one of our fathers’ rights lawyers today and we will start paving the way towards a much brighter future for you and your relationship with your child.